Helpful Tips and Answers to Your Questions:
- Do not get the garments (yarn or metal) wet
- Store the metal garments in a plastic air tight garment bag or plastic bin away from sunlight
- Dry clean only (yarn garments)
- For certain styles, the metal garments hems may change over time and chain may “drip” a little here and there – this is the organic nature of a chain garment that stretches in 4 directions. While most clients like the fringe effect, we are happy to adjust the hem if you would like (removing any drips). If you are custom ordering, we can also create a crochet hem or doubled hem which avoids this. Please contact us.
- For metal garments: The main metal is electroplated copper (electroplated with a metallic layer of color and a clear coat to protect the color). The jump rings, tags, and other small components are made from 14K gold fill or sterling silver. Please treat our garments as you would any costume jewelry – taking care to avoid chemicals or cleaners that might strip the color off the chain.
- We repeat: Do not get the copper garments wet. This means avoid ocean water, pool water, and sweat. Unless you have purchased a solid gold or 14K gold filled piece from us, the gold colored garments are susceptible to discoloration like any gold costume jewelry. Our recommendation is – if you are a dancing queen or king – to purchase our non-gold colored metal clothing, as the other metal colors we sell (silver, rhodium, gunmetal, black, etc) maintain their color better when exposed to sweat. The good news is, this discoloration in no way hurts the garments – they will still be beautiful and strong. If a boring dinner turns into a dance fest – as happens from time to time – and your garment discolors, we will be happy to even out the color of your garment. No, it will not go back to the original bright gold shade – but it will be a head-turning opalescent golden brass color. There is a small fee for this service – so try to keep those garments dry. Please contact us for more information and “before and after” reference images.
- Need more help with care instructions? Email us and we will get back to you ASAP.